We are meant to thrive, not just survive during the holidays. It’s meant to be a time of celebration, joy, gratitude and love. Many times all of that gets lost in all of the craziness that the holidays can bring if you let them take over you.
The holiday time provides us an opportunity to really practice what we have learned in yoga class. Here are some of the top tips to thrive this holiday season using what you learned in yoga class.
- Remember to breathe
- When things get hectic or if people are reacting towards you in a negative way, take a moment and focus on your breath.
- Focus on the present moment
- It’s very easy to get caught up in the past and also all the things we have to do. Take time to focus on living in the present moment.
- Take some time to meditate on what the holidays mean to you. What do you want to get out of this period?
- Don’t try to control every situation
- You cannot control every situation. What you can control is how you choose to react to the situation. Choose to react the way love would.